Monday, October 11, 2010

Dragonfly ~ Tuesdays' Show & Tail ~ Winner of Giveaway


Welcome to Tuesdays' Show & Tail! I hope everyone will join me this week to celebrate the one year milestone by posting a picture or two of your pets, wildlife or visit to the zoo and tell a little about them! Tuesdays' Show & Tail is about having fun, and giving us a chance to meet other pet owners in the blogging community. If you are visiting and would like to join in on the fun, please do so! Everyone is welcome. It is very easy to do. Take a look at my guidelines here.

Last week was my One Year Anniversary for hosting Tuesdays' Show & Tail. In last week's post I announced a giveaway and now it's time to announce the Winner!!!!

And the winner is.............................

Jules from Photographs by Julie

Congratulations Jules! I'll be in contact with you to let you know how to claim your prize!



The weather has been just perfect here lately so we decided to take the boat out again this weekend. The leaves had changed colors so much in 2 weeks from the last time we were there.


The love how the trees are reflecting off the water. I think this picture is gorgeous, but it really doesn't show just how breathtakingly beautiful it actually was right there.
We went to East Lynn Dam again this weekend.
Dragonflies were flying all around us when we were in the boat. I took a picture of this guy when he decided to hitch a ride with us for a spell. Just look at those wings. They look like netting.
A blue dragonfly. This picture isn't as clear but you can see that he was blue.
In the picture above you can see just how low the water is in the lake. It hasn't rained much at all this Summer and the water levels in the lake are down by at least 4 feet of water. We had to be careful in certain areas of the lake to make sure we didn't hit any of the trees that are under water with our boat.
We also seen a blue heron in flight! Wildlife is so abundant in this area. You just need to be aware of your surroundings and you will see it.

We also got to see a duck in flight!

The majestic hills surrounding the lake with their Autumn colors is Almost Heaven on Earth West Virginia!

1. Lisa @ Two Bears Farm
2. JP
3. Chatty Crone
4. Classy Chassy
5. The imPerfect Housewife
6. kim
7. Julie H
8. The Fairfield House
9. Anne ~


Angela

15 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful photos.

Karen said...

Lovely!

Jules said...

Wow, I didn't even expect to win, LOL!

I love your pictures this week. I was just telling a good friend of mine in PA that I am missing the Fall colors this year. I usually am OK with not seeing the leaves change, but this year has been different. I'll be posting my show & tail a little later in the day tomorrow...

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Oh these pictures, divine!
Love your yellow header too.

ClassyChassy said...

My Congrats to the winner! Enjoyed the photos today, Angela - and I forgot to tell you your new blog design and header look wonderful as well!

ClassyChassy said...

My Congrats to the winner! Enjoyed the photos today, Angela - and I forgot to tell you your new blog design and header look wonderful as well!

Carol............. said...

I love any photos that are a reflection in water.....and yours are great!

betty said...

congrats to the winner!! that must have been awesome to see the blue heron Angela!! you did great too capturing the picture of the dragonfly; such intricate wings it has!!

betty

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Oh, great pics! I've always liked dragonflies. :-)

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Congrats to Jules!!! Love those pics...peaceful yet bountiful...:)JP

Chatty Crone said...

Congrats to Jules - if I can't win - then I'm glad she did!

Angela you go to the coolest places and do the most wonderful things! I want to move there is it so pretty!

sandie

The imPerfect Housewife said...

Those pictures are great, Angela ~ SOOO peaceful. I know it's late in the day but I'm going to try and get a post up anyway for TS&T. By the way, CONGRATS on the anniversary - I wish I took part every single week, but it's fun anyway just doing it when I can. Talk to you soon ~ ♥

kim said...

That lake is beautiful. We are about to have a storm got to go!

kim said...

It was one of those 15 second ones. Maybe we will get some rain in a little bit. I like your photos of the birds and dragonflies at the lake. I noticed all the pretty trees and hills in the background. Ok it is lightning now got to go!

FairfieldHouse said...

Angela,

Thank you for these lovely photographs of fall in WV. Stunning. I always have a hard time catching dragonflies with my camera. Their wings are so translucent. You did a splendid job.

Deborah