Saturday, May 10, 2014
Healthy Living
I hate to say it, but I never knew what an avocado was until I was older and it was on the side of some Mexican food along with some sour cream! I do like guacamole, but it is kind of rich to my taste buds at times. I've never bought an avocado that I can remember. Maybe I should buy one the next time I go to the store. Who knows? I might like them a different way. I'm sure guacamole isn't all that healthy for you!
Hey! They left out lemons are good for Lemonade! And when life gives you lemons make lemonade with it!
I have no idea if this is true or not. I don't think I've ever ate 12 hotdogs a month EVER! I do know in the summer months we do have our spells of when we like to cook hotdogs and hamburgers on the grill or an open fire where we roast them on a stick. There won't be any of that going on this summer unless we buy a new grill. Ours bit the dust in the last wind storm last month or so. It was already on it's last leg which is why I wasn't using it much at all last summer.
I don't think it was until I had kids that I tried a pumpkin seed! I like them and I buy them when I see them at the store from time to time. I'm the only one in the house that will eat them really.
Angela
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
i drink fresh-squeezed lemon juice almost every night - to help with digestion. :)
Hello there,
I hopped on over from Gorges'. We were just reading that in 10 years (I think that was the number) 1 in 3 Americans will be diabetic. And yet... they are still promoting the food pyramid in our schools suggesting 8-10 servings of grain per day. (amazing that grain is a government controlled commodity) The new pyramid also includes sugar! Okay, I'll stop the rant.
Great post.
I don't care much for avocado either, Angela. Lemons, pumpkin seeds are great: hot dogs only occasionally!...:)JP
I'm still trying to work myself up to try eating an avocado. I don't like guacamole and have always avoided anything with avocado, but I've heard so much about the health benefits of it, that I really must grow up and try it! Thanks for the reminder, Angela!
I am trying to work up my courage to try an avocado, too, Angela! I don't even like guacamole. But I've heard so much about the health benefits of the avocado that I really must grow up and just try it. Thanks for the reminder!
We eat uncured bacon and hotdogs without nitrates in them to avoid the cancer threat in these things. Avocados are great as a butter substitute in baking! They're good in egg salad, cut up in salads with black beans as protein. So many uses, and OH so good for ya!
I have heard that about hotdogs many times and I am very careful about how many I eat. I love avocados. You can put them in your baking! Thanks for your tips.
Post a Comment