Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Blackwater Falls State Park

 This past week went were on our final summer vacation at Canaan Valley, West Virginia.  It is one of our favorite places to visit every year.  We've been going there for the past 9 years. 
 My Little Man loves this area and loves to go hiking through the woods.  I especially love this area myself as it is so peaceful and beautiful all at the same time.
 I love how the moss gross everywhere along with the ferns.  It just makes everything look so magical looking like ferries would live there!
 I don't know where the water came from but this man made stair stepped waterfall was beautiful.
My Young Lady with one of the beautiful rocks with moss growing on it.  We had a great time while we were there.  It was nice to get away from all of the every day life and just enjoy God's handiwork!

Angela

9 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Blackwater was always one of my favorite places.

Karen said...

I'm thinking we need to include this place in our next road trip. :-)

TexWisGirl said...

i do know how much you love this area. bless you all for being able to return there often!

Chatty Crone said...

You know how to take a vacation and relax. I love the pics of the kids= they are growing up - I guess your daughter is not a kid. Love that waterfall too! Glad you are home! sandie

MadSnapper n Beau said...

great photos of the kids and i hope you got a photo to use for your Christmas cards... love that man made water way... and the moss. a beautiful spot

warren said...

That's a beautiful place! I love going there. I tink it is one of the loveliest place sin all of WV and there are plenty of those! Anyhow, nice pics! Heehaw for school being back in session!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I still hope to go there someday. Your pictures always draw me in!

Linda said...

We went to Blackwater Falls this spring. I've been there a couple of times before and it's beautiful!
Where is the man-made stair stepped waterfall?

Bernideen said...

What a beautiful place this is!!!