Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Random Post & Prayers Needed

My Little Man just told me that when he was putting the flash light back in the laundry room that one of my boxes up there fell down.  Dang!  Did he see anything I didn't want him to see?  Yes, he did!  He just found where Santa hides Christmas!!!!  Where on Earth is Santa going to hide Christmas at now??? 

This morning I had a doctors appointment.  I was going to let my Young Lady and her Prince Charming watch my Little Man since I wasn't going to be gone that long and my Little Man didn't want to go anywhere today.  I didn't realize that it had rained (a lot) last night so the low water bridge was flooded and I couldn't get out that way.  I then tried to go out the other way and couldn't see the culvert as I drove by because the water was that high.  Because of the weeds it didn't look like it was that high but it was about 6 inches of being on the road.  I then had to turn around and tell my kids to get their stuff and get in the truck.  I didn't get 2 miles from the house when I got behind the county road people who were "fixing" our road.  I use that term loosely because they took us back to the 1800's with what they did to our road!  We had a paved road and now we have a tar and chipped road!  I HATE it!  They were finishing up the job.  While I was sitting there waiting a neighbor who happens to be a police officer pulled up behind me.  We finally were able to go on down the road.  I live on a country road that has a speed limit of 25.  It can be driven faster than that but that is what it is posted for.  I really wanted to make up the lost time of all of all of the earlier events but since I had the Po Po behind me I wasn't about to speed.  He kept his distance and then I could tell he was dying for me to drive faster.  I really wanted to pull over and ask him if it was alright if I did speed but I didn't!  lol  We finally came to where there is a split in the road.  I kept thinking which road should I take.  I went to the left.  I could tell he was thrilled that I did that as he took off like a whistle speeding on the road to the right.  At that point I was able to pick up the pace and was only 3 minutes late for my doctors appointment.  Too bad I was only 3 minutes late as I didn't get back into a room for an entire hour!  I was there a total of 2 hours.  I knew I would have blood work done so I fasted.  I wasn't hungry but I was so thirsty and couldn't drink anything. My appointment was at 11:00am and I didn't get to eat until around 2:00pm.

If anyone has noticed, I've been MIA the past 2 weeks.  My dad has been in the hospital.  The man waited two days before he told someone to tell me and my sister he was even there.  He had to have his gallbladder out and when they were in they found a kink and obstruction in his small intestines.  Before that his heart was going into afib so they did a stress test to see if they needed to do a cath before the gallbladder surgery.  That test came back fine so they went on with the gallbladder surgery.  He did well with that surgery but his heart was still going into afib.  They then decided to put him to sleep and try to shock his heart back into rhythm.  It worked for a little while but it went back out of rhythm.  They put him on some medicine and sent him home so he could heal up from the gallbladder surgery before they do something about his heart.  He went home with a friend who lives 3 miles from the worst hospital around here but that is where he's at.  They can't even do anything for him and his heart at that hospital.  He was home 2 days and went back early Sunday morning because he couldn't breath.  They then decided that he had pneumonia on his right lung.  They put a cpap on him and gave him a breathing treatment, iv antibiotics and a drip of something that would make him pee.  After an hour and a half he was doing so much better.  

Yesterday they did another test on him where they shot some dye into him to see what they could see.  They also shocked his heart again which he and his girl friend did not mention to us that they were going to shock his heart again.  Apparently now they are saying that his mitral valve has a leakage at 3 1/2 where 4 is the worst.  They also said something about congestive heart failure.  Tomorrow they will be transferring him to another hospital to do the cath they should had done 2 weeks ago.  We are told that the surgery that he will need can only be done at one local hospital which isn't mine or my sister's preference or at Cleveland, Ohio.  We'd like for him to go there because they do more of that type of surgery there then here.  I'd appreciate any and all prayers in this situation.  As some of my long time readers may remember from last summer I spent the entire summer going to different hospitals and rehabs when my Granny got sick with her gallbladder.  After 4 months of this she finally passed.  This is hard reliving what happened to her last summer and seeing it happening to my dad this summer.   

7 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

Sorry to hear this news. Sending up a prayer for him.

Gorges Smythe said...

I'll be glad to keep you all in prayer. Hope everything works out.

Chatty Crone said...

I have been praying for your father - I was kind of worried he was not out of the woods. So you are going to transfer him and he will have surgery. Guess you don't know when yet. I pray he gets fixed up like brand new.
And doctors if your late or miss they get mad - and then they are two hours late!
Sandie

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Angela, my thoughts and prayers are with you as they always have been...:)JP

MadSnapper n Beau said...

so sorry to hear this update about your dad... and don't get me on my soap box about doctors visits, i never get out in under 2 hours...

TexWisGirl said...

i am sorry about your father. you've had your share of health issues in your family the past couple of years. i hope his outcome will be much more successful.

warren said...

Wow...quite a bit of stuff going on...take it easy!