Thursday, November 3, 2011

Prayers

I'm sure some have noticed that I've been missing in action the past few days. I thought since I have a minute I'd let everyone know what all has been going on around here along with asking for some prayers.

Tuesday I came home and had a message on my answering machine from my brother in law that my father in law was in the hospital. My father in law is a diabetic and his sugar had went up. His doctor told them to get him to the hospital. By the time they got to the hospital his blood pressure was 29. They apparently rushed him into surgery to put a pacemaker in but couldn't do it because he had a heart attack. He is now hooked up to a dialysis machine and is in ICU. The hospital he is in is a good hour and a half from our house. We've been going to visit every evening and getting home very late each night. Last night the doctor said that they will do open heart surgery on him in about 3 to 5 days. Right now he has to lay flat and not move. We didn't see him awake last night because when it was visiting hours, 8 - 9 at night!, he was asleep when we went in his room. There was no way on earth I was going to wake him up. He needs that rest in order to get better.

Today is my daughter's 14th birthday. I made a quick trip to town to get some mini cupcakes to take to the hospital.

Last week my cousin found out that her 16 yr old son had 2 masses on his brain. He had his surgery to remove 1 of the masses that they could get to but had to leave the one in the middle of his brain. Pathology reports came back today and it is very devastating news. He has stage 3 and it has spread to his spine.

I really would appreciate any and all prayers for my family.
Angela

18 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Oh Angela - feels like I've been double punched here - can't believe how you must feel.

I will pray for both of course.

Let me know when you FIL goes in to surgery.

Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter - 14 - two years and she will be driving!!!

And to your cousin - and her son - I am so sick. Is there any thing at all they can do? Oh that makes me so sad for them and you. I wish I could do more, but I will pray.

Love, sandie

Country Whispers said...

When it rains it sure does pour.
All of that bad news at once is just too much for anyone to have to deal with. I'll keep all of your family in my thoughts and prayers and Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

So much for your poor family to process. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless!

Kim said...

Oh Angela, I am so sorry. That is a lot for a family to deal with at once. I will certainly send some prayers your way.
Hugs, Kim

TexWisGirl said...

oh sweetheart. i'm so sorry. your father-in-law sounds precarious, at best, but even more devastating is the news of your cousin's son. i am so very sorry for this pain.

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness, Angela, I'm so sorry to read this bad news!
I will be praying!
I hope your daughter has had a nice birthday despite everything else. My husband's birthday is today too, but he's sick and hasn't been able to enjoy it. Poor guy.
Take care.♥

Gorges Smythe said...

Prayers you've got.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I will keep your family --all of them in my prayers, Angela... God Bless them ALL.
Hugs,
Betsy

Karen said...

Will add them to our prayers...really does seem like things come in clusters...

Michaele said...

How tragic. How very hard. You have my prayers. And 16 is just way too young.

Love Of Quilts said...

I've send up a prayer for your Family it's in Gods hands now. I'LL keep you in my prayers too. Trish

Carol............. said...

Angela..your family is on our prayer list.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Sorry to hear that! I hope that some mighty healing takes place!

Happy birthday to your daughter :-)

Samantha said...

Oh, Angela..I'm so sorry
Hugs and prayers all around

MadSnapper n Beau said...

so sorry to hear all of this, you received all your struggles at one time. my heart hurts for your cousins son. i will pray for him and for all the family and of course for you and yours. praying for all of you as i type.

Anita said...

Not only am I praying for all those people, I will let my church family know this coming Sunday.
I also pray for peace and calmness and strength for all those who love them, and for you.

Sharon said...

Angela,

I'm so sorry all this is going on in your life right now. Will keep you in my prayers. Happy Birthday to your beautiful princess!

Betty said...

I just left a comment on today's post and then read backwards and came to this post. I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's son. How old is he? He'll certainly be in my prayers.