Monday, December 13, 2010

Prayer Request for a Dear Friend of the Family


URGENT!!! A few weeks ago a dear friend of ours, John, had to have surgery to repair his heart. The doctors here in Charleston weren't able to do the surgery here and had to send him to the Cleveland Clinic. I think he was in the hospital for a good 3 weeks. He was home for about 2 weeks. He had to go back to the hospital Saturday night due to an infection that has set in.

This is the report from the doctors that I just received from our Pastor: the infection he is battling is a staff infection particular to those who have artificial materials in their bodies from surgical repairs such as John has had. This staff infection is really ferocious and will require a focused effort to be dealt with. John is already receiving multiple antibiotics and has received 4 units of blood. Doctors want John to return to Cleveland Clinic as soon as possible.

Please pray specifically for a complete deliverance from this attack on John's body, that all infections and complications would be eliminated and stay away from the aortic grafts and that the Doctors would have divine wisdom and insight to immediately deal with this situation. Pray for John and his wife Katy to have the peace and assurance of God in their hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Pray for his sons and daughter in laws Steven, Kira, David and Morgan to be strengthened as they trust God to heal and help. Pray for the love of God to completed enfold their family.


Thanks so much for taking the time to pray for our friends!
Angela

9 comments:

Melanie said...

I will certainly pray for your friend and his family.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I will certainly be praying!
A note on horses ridden in town here. We also see buggies of all types, even saw an amish buggy the other day. Common as can be here.

betty said...

sounds like a scary situation, Angela! will keep him/family in my prayers

betty

jp@A Green Ridge said...

My thoughts and prayers, Angela, for your friends...:)JP

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I hope that John starts improving today. That really sounds scary.

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

angela, i will pray for your friend. i am so sorry he is suffering especially so close to christmas. thank you for commenting on heritage farm blog. take care!

Kim said...

I will be praying he makes a full recovery.

Chatty Crone said...

I will be praying for sure. Sandie

PS I got the blogs to come up, but thanks for doing it for me. Sandie

Anonymous said...

Prayers in JESUS name.
Amen.