Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Garden Clean Up Part 2 ~ My Helpers!

A little over a week ago Monica from Expressly Corgi and I decided to take on a little garden cleaning challenge. We decided that we would take one area in our yard, clean them up and make them beautiful again. I thought I would show you a few pictures I took during the clean up process.


With no rain for what seems like a month my hostas are dying. I can't water them as we have well water. When you have well water you have to ration it so to speak so you won't run out. We haven't ever ran out of water before, but we have always taken precautions to help to keep that from happening.



I bought 6 bags of Cedar Mulch to put around my garden. It took all of them but 1 to finish the job.




While cleaning out my garden I discovered that someone is putting their trash under my hostas! Wonder who is doing that?



And more trash! What's up with that?


I cheated a little! I'll have to admit I didn't work on this garden project all by myself. I did get some help from my Helpers! They couldn't wait to get their hands dirty spreading the mulch around!



I had to take a picture of Two. Two is my Assistant Supervising Assistant in Supervising all Jobs around the house! She works hard and does a wonderful job assisting.

My Little Man is picking on Two. He had better watch out or he will get fired!
I'll show you the finished garden in my next post.
Angela

8 comments:

Rose said...

yard work is tough. the temp. terrible thumbs up to you and the helpers.

ClassyChassy said...

YOU CHEATED!!! You had HELPERS!!! SHAME ON YOU, ANGELA!!!

Chatty Crone said...

Some times having helpers is more work then not having helpers. lol

Looks like it will turn out nice.

So tell me - did you find out who put the trash there?

sandie

Kelly said...

Poor hostas! Mine are looking like that too :(

Melanie said...

Yep. That's how my hostas look too! We finally got some rain yesterday, but the damage was already done. :(
The mulch looks really nice. I'm going to have to get some more too.

Granny Sue said...

My flowers have taken a beating too, Angela. Our well is very deep so we can water but there's no way to keep up when it's that dry. I have blessed and blessed the past two rainy days. Granny Kate said we'd see rain since the moon was in Cancer and she was right.

betty said...

great you have your helpers to help you Angela!! its nice that they want to get their hands dirty too doing it! Love your supervisor too; Two is going to demand an extra treat or two for her services!!

don't blame you to conserve the water Angela. You never know indeed if you'll get rain, etc. Living in Southern California, we get so used to having to conserve or ration water

looking good!!

betty

ocmist said...

Me thinks maybe the helpers were "helping" under protest having "helped" put some of the trash under there... :) I know about "doggie supervisors" because I have plenty of them around here at all times!