This is the other set of dishes that I got at my uncle's house that belonged to my Granny. I don't think that she ever used these dishes at all. They appear to be brand new to me. I do remember talking to her almost 20 years ago about wanting some white dishes with gold trim. I'm pretty sure that she bought them around that time. Granny loved pretty things, but she never used them. I will use them at the next family get together at my house in honor of my Granny.
This set of dishes has 8 dinner plates, 8 salad or dessert plates, 8 cups and saucers and I think I'm missing a few of the bowls.
It took a lot of time to wash all of these dishes by hand! I didn't want to put them in the dishwasher yet. I'm not sure if I will ever put them in the dishwasher even though they say they are dishwasher safe on the bottom.
I have no idea about the company that made these dishes. As most of you know I'm not a fan of things made in China, but I'll have to overlook that because these were Granny's dishes.
Angela
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
almost all china was made in china and all the little do dads mother collected were to..
They look like a wonderful set!
Don't do it Angela! That gold ring will be gone, gone, gone. I adore old dishes, and them being your Granny's make them more precious. You'll want to pass those on!
Don't do it Angela! That gold ring will be gone, gone, gone. I adore old dishes, and them being your Granny's make them more precious. You'll want to pass those on!
They are really pretty. I agree with Corgidogmama. The gold won't last in the dishwasher. It's so special that you have these that belonged to your grandma.
They are really pretty. I agree with Corgidogmama. The gold won't last in the dishwasher. It's so special that you have these that belonged to your grandma.
Post a Comment