Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

 I absolutely love peacocks!  When I seen these dishes with peacocks on them I knew they were meant to be mine.  They are so beautiful! 
 They also had the smaller salad plates so I bought them also.  They didn't have 8 plates so I figured I could always have the kids eat from the smaller plates if I use these for family dinners.  Who am I kidding?  I'm going to use these as every day dishes!  Life is too short to not enjoy the best of the best.  Just last night I went to my Granny's house to get some dishes that my uncle said were my moms.  Mom don't remember them and I don't remember them.  They aren't fancy or nothing, but they are something that my Granny had in a cabinet in the basement.  I don't think she ever used them. 
 I just love them!  I bought 2 different types of bowls that they had and matching cups.

I absolutely love them and decided that they would be my Mother's Day present to myself!  hehehe

Angela

6 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Very unusual!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Those are fantastic! Where did you get them? Happy Mother's Day to you! :-)

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Happy mothers day and congrats on your early present to you. I much prefer buying my own present because only i know what i like.. can we see the ones you got from your granny's house?

TexWisGirl said...

they're beautiful! and, yes, use them every day!

Chatty Crone said...

I have never seen that pattern before but I know you love peacocks - that is wonderful!!!!!!! I am with you - use them - enjoy the day.

Sharon said...

I love peacocks too! If you need additional pieces, you might find them at Replacements.com.