Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Healthy Living

Here's a few more natural remedies that I have found to share with everyone.  As with all over the counter type remedies please make sure you can take this with your other medicines you might be taking before you take it.  There are a few medicines that I can not take with the Tamoxifen I have to take to keep the breast cancer at bay so I make sure I check with my doctor and pharmacists and I also triple check by checking online for myself.  I don't just take the doctors word for it.  After all it is my life and not theirs.
 
The Food Cravings chart looks like it would be worth a try!  
 



I know I have tried wasabi, but I can not remember what it was in or with.  I do remember that I liked it though! 



I actually like everything on the Top 10 Hydrating Foods Chart.  Looking at the watermelon makes me wish it was summer because that is when they are at their best.  
 
When I went to the store the other day I bought an English cucumber.  I seem to like those the best and tolerate them better.  They don't make me burp.  Anyway, my daughter was eating some and made a comment that this was the best cucumber she has had.  She said it had a really good taste.  That put a big smile on my face as I said it was an organic cucumber.  There is a huge difference in the taste of organic verses the regular ones.  Price was about 10 cents more, but well worth it in the taste difference! 

Angela

6 comments:

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I love cucumbers.. i had to laugh at the second chart where it says if we crave bread/pasta to eat protein... the thing is i don't like protein at all, i have to get mine from cheese and skim milk. i love nuts but they don't love me.. it is a battle to get enough protein for me.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Yes, that Food Craving Chart looks like a keeper, Angela although the others you found are informative too!...:)JP

Chatty Crone said...

I LOVE cucumbers - and I hate to spend the money Angela but the longer I live the more I think organic is the way to go. THANKS!

Love Of Quilts said...

Very good to know!

Sharon said...

Great post, Angela! Thanks for sharing.

Donna said...

Hi, Angela, Thanks for stopping by. I was just reading some of those charts. Wow! I think I'll go out and buy me some cucumbers. :)
D