Yikes! I just found this post in my drafts from August! So I'm going to go ahead and post it late because I already had it ready, but forgot to post it.
This year I decided that I wanted to plant some wildflowers beside the kids playhouse instead of planting flowers that usually either get eaten by the deer or overtaken by weeds. These are perfect! They did look weedy for awhile until they started flowering, but now that they are starting to flower they are absolutely gorgeous!
The package I bought was the zinnia mix. I really like the variety of colors they are producing right now.
I took the first 5 or so pictures a week ago and the rest I took tonight. You can see that more flowers are in bloom now and the ones that were already in bloom are still looking beautiful.
I took these tonight. There are a lot more flowers that are budding and will be in bloom in a few days. I can't wait! Hopefully the deer won't have a feast on them and I can enjoy them for the rest of the summer.
I'm not sure what type of bug this is, but there are a few of them enjoying these flowers also. I was impressed with how long this bugs legs are. They are very long.
Angela
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
never too late for flowers. very pretty!
They are very pretty! I don't think we have any flowers right now!
the joy of photography is we can have flowers year round. these are beautiful. i much prefer wild flowers like these over the hothouse type.. they are gorgeous. hope they come up again next year
What a wonderful gift Angela!
Post a Comment