I am a strong proponent of preventative medicine. I take a lot of vitamins and herbs to help prevent different things that I might come into contact with. For instance, I take probiotics (good bacteria) when I visit family in the hospital. There are a lot of germs at hospitals, doctor's offices and nursing homes. I take Echinacea with goldenseal to prevent the flu and other colds.
The medicine I take has given me insomnia really bad. My eyes might be tired at night, but I'm not sleepy at all. I lay in bed tossing and turning for a few hours before I would fall to sleep. The past 2 months I've been taking Melatonin and I fall asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow! I am loving it! I take a 5mg cherry flavored dissolvable tablet at night when I want to go to sleep. I consulted my doctor before I started taking it and got his ok so you might want to do that also before starting it especially if you are on prescription medicine.
I do feel like I am a lab rat at times. Some doctors will try this and then try that to see if they can fix your problem. While trying to fix your problem they end up creating yet another problem! I do feel sorry for the lab rats or lab testing animals though.
I love kale! I especially love the taste of the organic kale that I was able to buy at the store when it was at it's peak season this year. I have been wanting to buy some more, but when I go to the store it doesn't look good so I don't buy it.
Angela








4 comments:
The cartoon about preventative medicine is "right on the money."
have not heard of it.. i don't take any of this stuff. i take calcuium and fish oil because the doc said to.. i think excercise is the best way to get energy and not depend on anything you have to swallow. who knows what they are putting in there. they are out there to make money...
Hmmm...you know I exercise...religiously...which does give me energy and also take a multi for women, calcium , turmeric and krill oil. Now if I eat crap, I feel sluggish. F I eat healthy, I feel energetic. My metabolism, I guess...:)JP
I love the cartoon about the doctors - I think it is true!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment