As I said in a previous post, my son is crazy about lighthouses and wanted to see as many lighthouses as we could while we were vacationing at the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We went to see the Currituck Beach Lighthouse and my husband and little man climbed to the top of this one also! They climbed 220 steps to get to the top of this majestic lighthouse. That makes me tired just thinking about it!
You can see the boys in the picture above and below. From what I read they are around 158 feet off the ground.
I really liked the grounds surrounding this lighthouse. It was different from the Bodie Lighthouse and Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. If you are ever in this area I highly recommend that you at least take a tour of the grounds. Climbing the lighthouse, well, that's up to you!
Angela
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
it's really neat! i like the shells along the walkway. :)
my first ever view of a lighthouse with trees.. love it love it.. so pretty and that is a lot of steps... love the first shot. makes me want to see it
158 ft up is tall...really tall!!! A beautiful entertaining trip!...:)JP
I'm playing catch up and I didn't know you went to North Carolina. Lucky you! I'd love to be back on the east coast. Seeing all those lighthouses is so neat. How did your son become interested in lighthouses? You'll have to take him to see the Cape May lighthouse. I'm not sure, but I think it might be the oldest lighthouse.
Post a Comment