My birthday was earlier this week! My husband brought home some sweet treats for us to enjoy after dinner. Since my birthday was on a week day I decided to cook dinner at home and we'll celebrate my birthday with a dinner out at some point when the weather is cooperating. I made homemade lasagna for my birthday.
The cupcakes were really good! My husband also brought home a dozen roses for me for my birthday.
I put them in a vase he bought me a few years ago that has the roses on it. The vase is a West Virginia Glass vase made right here in West Virginia with the radiant rose pattern on it. I have a lot of pieces from their collection. When my husband and I were dating we went to a flea market where he bought me a tea pitcher along with 6 tall tea glasses with the radiant rose pattern on it. I've been collecting them every since then.
We were going to go out to dinner and celebrate my birthday today, but it snowed again. The roads are icy so we stayed home. I'm used to waiting because of the snow and weather. When I was a kid in school it always snowed on my birthday and the school would be closed. Old Man Winter always seemed to give me the present of snow! He still does as it snowed on my birthday again this year.
Angela
Saturday, February 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
love the roses and cupcakes, too! how very sweet! happy birthday to you, angela!
Those are some fancy cupcakes and the roses are beautiful! Hope you get to go out soon! Happy Birthday!
You have a sweet husband - I knew it was your birthday and I hope you had a happy one. And I hate all the snow - so did you go this weekend? It was Kelly's birthday today. And my birthday is later this month too! Good month! sandie
Happy belated birthday, Angela! What a sweet guy your husband is -- and what a perfect birthday feast: lasagna and cupcakes! My favorites! And the promise of more festivities to come when the weather clears. I hope the continuing celebration is wonderful and that this will be an extra special year for you!
smart move to postpone your eating out celebration and the one you had was perfect... can we see a close up of the rose pattern?
those cupcakes are even better than roses to me..
happy belated and hope next year is snow-less!...:)JP
Such pretty roses, and sweet treats! Yes, let us see a close up of the pattern, and perhaps more of your WV collectables???
Happy Belated Birthday, Angela. The roses and the vase are so pretty. The sweet treats are gorgeous and look delicious. Hope you get some better weather soon!
Roses and cupcakes might make up for the snow present! Lol Happy Birthday
Happy belated birthday Angela, and thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. It's been a cold winter this year. We weren't sure about going out to go to church yesterday because it was snowing and a bit foggy to boot, but we did anyway, and we were blessed. <3 Enjoy your sweet hubby and sweet treats! <3
Happy birthday. Those cupcakes look tasty!
Post a Comment