Monday, September 30, 2013

Breast Cancer Awareness Barn in West Virginia

On our way home from our vacation to Canaan Valley this summer I happened to notice this beautiful pink barn on our way home. I didn't see it on the way up because of how it is located from the road.  When I seen it I squealed in delight as I had seen other pictures of this barn and knew of it's existence and had hoped to see it in person.  I asked my husband to turn around so I could take a few pictures.  This is the last picture I took with my camera as I have lost my battery charger and can't seem to find it which has left me without a camera since August!  It is killing me not having my camera as some of you may know!  lol 

The Breast Cancer Awareness Barn is located in Harmon, West Virginia not far from Canaan Valley.  I have been waiting to share this picture until October in honor of breast cancer awareness month.  Many of my followers are aware that in February of 2012 I was diagnosed with breast cancer myself.  It was through early detection that we found my breast cancer through my yearly mammogram that saved my life.  I am truly greatful of the lady who did my mammogram that day and how diligent she was in locating my .5mm little teenie tiny spot of cancer that she found with the help of a magnifying glass.  May the Lord bless her forever!  If you are interested in reading more about my breast cancer just go down to my labels and click on the breast cancer link and it will bring up every post that I made about my journey.  I am a survivor by the grace of God!  Ladies please get your mammograms if you haven't already this year!  If you find a lump please get to your doctor asap!  Early detection does save your life!  I know that firsthand!

I'm linking to Barn Charm!  Go take a look at other beautiful barns HERE.

Angela

12 comments:

Elaine said...

What an eye-popping barn, and the surroundings are gorgeous! Congrats on beating your cancer!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

What a pretty pink barn. Visiting from Barn Charm

Chatty Crone said...

I just love that barn and how it brings attention to breast cancer awareness. It is one of my favorites. And I am so glad they found yours early my dear friend. sandie

Mari said...

What an unusual barn! I'm on my laptop with the morning news playing, where they were also talking about breast cancer awareness. Glad yours was caught early!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

the barn is beautiful and a great idea.

Kim said...

Great barn. It certainly would attract attention. We are big believers here of annual mammograms too.

TexWisGirl said...

that's a great one.

Jan n Jer said...

Awesome find...we are doing a day trip to Berkeley springs WV in a few weeks..will see if this is close by our travels. Yay for mamo's been getting them faithfully for 27yrs now. Yours is truly an inspiring story!

Unknown said...

stopping by from Barn Charm and am lovin this pink barn!! Great cause,,,,my mom is a 30 Plus year breast cancer survivor!! So sad to see Barn Charm leaving, stopping by from there today.

The Boston Lady said...

Love that barn Angela! It's a good reminder for all us gals, I being one, who haven't had their yearly mammograms. Gotta go make that apppointment now! Ann

Nell at njschout said...

That is quite the barn! Very eye-catching.

Unknown said...

This is what I call a barn with an advocacy. It's great to see that in small ways, like this one, we can help millions of people to be aware of breast cancer. I suddenly came up with an idea of transforming all abandoned barns into something purposeful like this. It's very helpful, and at the same time, the barns can regain their purpose once again. --Tamara @ RhinoRoofingABQ.com