Ladies we need to start educating our young ladies about breast cancer!
I just seen on fb where a 10 year old girl had a lump on her chest and
it turned out to be breast cancer! I just can't imagine what this
little girl's family is going through right now even though I went
through the same thing last year. You can see her story HERE:
Let me tell you that just breaks my heart! A 10 year old should not
have to be going through a grown woman's type of cancer at such a young
age. In the news report they said that until now the youngest person to
have breast cancer was 16. That to is just too young! The American
Cancer Society recommends having a mammogram when you are 40. The new
Obamacare guidelines is to wait until you are 50! If I had waited until
I was 50 to get my first mammogram I'd be dead by then!
Breast
cancer doesn't discriminate! It don't care how old you are! The
biggest risk factor is having breast! Breast cancer isn't just for women! Men can and do have/get breast cancer! The only way we are going to beat
this horrible cancer is to find it early. We've got to continue
checking to see if we can see any lumps and we've got to do the self beast exam to see if we can feel any lumps. Additionally, we need to
have our yearly mammograms starting at the age of 40. It is also
recommended that if you have a sister or a mother that had breast cancer
then you should start getting a yearly mammogram starting 10 years
before the age that they were diagnosed with breast cancer. We have got
to educate ourselves ladies! This is serious business!
Angela
Saturday, March 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
my husband had a sore on his nipple, it was infected, the doc said you need to be checked for breast cancer, that is when i found out men can get it. he did not have it, but they do get it
I suspect the main culprit is the poisons in the foods we eat anymore and the lack of real nutrition even in our so-called "healthy" foods from factory farming. Everyone is at risk.
Thanks Angela. People can never get reminded enough.
Wow, I had no idea it could strike so young :-(
a good message, angela.
like your blog background, too. :)
That is so sad to here a 10 year old, its sad anytime.
I just had a blog friend lose her daughter to breast cancer and Kelly knows two young ones. I heard on the news that less young people get breast cancer - BUT if they do - it is usually much more serious then when you are older - more resistance to treatment and strong form. Good post. sandie
There was an article recently in The Houston Chronicle about a husband and wife who are oncologists at MD Anderson. The wife had breast cancer first and now the husband has it too.
this is a good message, Angela. I get mine yearly, but I have a cousin that refuses to get one. She says they can cause cancer. I've tried to talk her into coming with me when I get mine, but with no luck. Maybe some day.
My wife and I have battled her brain cancer for a year now...so we can feel your pain.
Hi There, Great info ---and something we all need to read and remember. A 10-yr. old? So sad..... Prayers for her.
Hugs,
Betsy
Serious business indeed! Everyone needs to pay attention to their bodies and also get checked...breasts and other parts too!
I hope that comes across right...I just mean there are so many easy things to check, body-wise...people need to check their colons and skin and...all that stuff. Cancer can be treated but not if it's ignored!
We need to learn to pay attention to changes in our bodies and take care of them pronto. I am so glad you caught yours in time :)))
Post a Comment