Friday, December 21, 2012

We're Home!






We are home!  I took a lousy picture of my Little Man's teeth that the surgeon removed this morning, but you can tell they were HUGE!  The round thing is a dime! lol  The tooth on the left is the one that was impacted and the other one on the right is the baby tooth that was already down that he removed to make it easier for him to get the adult tooth that was impacted.  

It snowed some this morning so I left a little early to make sure we got there on time.  We got there early.  Then the surgeon was running behind. So we had to wait a little while before they started. I think it took longer to hook him up to the nitrous and the iv than it did for the surgery.  Once he was ready for the surgery they had us to leave the room.  I brought along a book that I've been trying to read for MONTHS!  lol  I only read 2 pages before the surgeon was out to tell us he was all finished!  

He's a little mad because he still needs to have the gauze in his mouth because it is still bleeding some.  His numbness is starting to wear off.  I did however have to give him some Motrin about a mile from the doctor's office.  He started crying saying he was in pain just as soon as the lady shut the door!  Isn't that the way it goes!  lol  

He has stitches that will dissolve in a few days.  He'll be on a soft foods diet for about 2 days.  He will like that because he loves mashed potatoes and ice cream!  

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and comments from previous posts!  

Angela  

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

glad to hear the procedure is over and that it went quickly! i hope he heals up just as quickly!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

thanks for letting us know you are home and that it went well. they are big. so glad it was not a long procedure,pray he will heal quickly and have no pains

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness - what a big thing for such a little guy. I am proud of him. Will motrin make him bleed more like aspirin? Are you going to put his teeth under his pillow? Glad he is okay.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Poor little guy BUT the thought of mashed potatoes and then a bowl of ice cream is making me drool! Angela Merry Christmas wishes and blessing to you and your family!!!!...:)JP

Kim said...

Poor little guy. I hope he heals up quickly.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Aww, I hope he enjoys those mashed potatoes and ice cream!

Chicken Wrangler said...

Sounds like you were all set to FINISH that book!!! That's the way it goes, however - you may NEVER get to the end of it! Glad your boy is done with the surgery, and he will heal quickly - he's young. Us OLDER folks take MUCH longer to heal!!! Will you put his tooth under the pillow so the TOOTH ELF can pay for the extraction???

Betty said...

OUCH! I've never heard of that happening before, but my kids and I were missing some second teeth so there was nothing to push the baby teeth out. My last baby tooth finally fell out about 5 years ago. Keith lost his last one about a year ago. Not bad considering they were never meant to last that long.