Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Granny's funeral is today

Mrs. Ruby "Pauline" Muck McClanahan, 89, passed away Sunday, September 9, 2012, at CAMC Memorial Division, after a short illness.

She was born December 11, 1922, to the late George and Myrtle King Muck. In addition, Pauline was preceded in death by husband, Tony McClanahan; son, Terry L. McClanahan; brothers, Richard, John and Earl Muck; and sisters, Marie Roy, Ambrosia Thomas and Katherine McClanahan.

She is survived by son, Randy McClanahan; daughters, Linda and husband, Paul Roberts, Joyce Winter and Kathy and husband, Eddie Withrow; sister, Sylvia Hager; brothers, Clifford and Leroy Muck; 10 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; three great-great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.

"Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain; but the woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates." Proverbs 31.

Do not stand at my grave a weep;

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush.

Of quiet birds in circled flight,

I am the soft star that shines at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there, I did not die.





14 comments:

Anonymous said...

sad times...I will have yall in my thoughts

Anonymous said...

Keeping each of you in my heart and prayers today. Thank you for sharing the photos and the Bible verse. May God bless, Mildred

MadSnapper n Beau said...

thinking of you today. hugs from me to you.... you are in my prayers.

TexWisGirl said...

i know it will be a hard day for all of you. God bless.

Kim said...

HUGS

ocmist said...

My heart and prayers are with you as you go through this time of sorrow with your family. I Praise God for the hope that His salvation gave us so that we can know our saved loved ones are in such a wonderful place as Heaven and that we will all be together once again in His timing... HUGS my dear friend!

Love Of Quilts said...

What a lovely verse!

Gorges Smythe said...

Thinking of and praying for you and yours. We may ALL meet Granny before we know it. So be it. God is good.

The Boston Lady said...

A hug to you Angela and my thoughts and prayers as well as to your family. Your Granny was obviously a much loved woman by her family and she has left quite a legacy. Ann

deeps said...

may her soul rest in peace...

Blondee said...

Hugs and love. She is home.

Jill said...

I am so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful woman. May you take comfort in your special memories of her love.

Chatty Crone said...

Your grandma sounded like a heck of a great woman - no wonder you are! What a sweet lady. I am so sorry that she passed. I know you will miss her a lot.

Hugs to you Angela.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Sounds like it was a beautiful service.