Angela
Sunday, July 1, 2012
The Run on Gas!
It's CRAZY out there people! Absolutely CRAZY! I had to go get my mom at her house which is a good 45 minute drive from my house on a good day. It took me well over an hour because of all of my detours, traffic lights being out and trying to get by the long lines of people waiting to get gas. People are MAD and running SCARED because of the electric being off.
In the above picture when I tried to pass the long line of cars waiting on gas a man in the red truck was yelling at me because he didn't want to go off to the side of the road to let me through! It's not like I made him ditch his truck! In fact he didn't even have to leave the pavement. People are CRAZY right now!
In the above picture is another gas station where people are making a run on the gas. I was stopped by a traffic light at that intersection. I yelled over and asked if they really needed gas or if they were just worried of not having gas. One man said he really needed it. I'm fine with that if you really need it. When I left my house my old truck and 3/4 of a tank of gas. I think I have half a tank now just because it took so long to get there. On the radio they were asking people to not make a run on the gas stations. Only get gas if you need it and if you need it for your generators. In the next picture you will see a CRAZY man who is going overboard with getting HIS precious gas!
I about died when I seen this on my way to get my mom. This to me is hoarding and being inconsiderate of others. This also isn't a real gas tank. It's a tank to haul drinking water in!
This is what his tank looked like on my way home. That man had been at that gas station for hours filling up this huge tank with gas. I'd dare to venture that the amount of gas he so selfishly is hoarding up would be a quarter of a tanker trucks worth of gas! Unbelievable! The only words that I have for that man are FRENCH words! I can't believe the gas station let him do that! Another gas station that we drove by on our way out ran out of gas by the time we were coming back home. So what do you think? Am I right? People are CRAZY out there!
Angela
Angela
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 comments:
Go grief. I can't get over the size of that tank. He should not have been allowed to fill that!
My sister lives in Hurricane and she told me it's just miserable hot and no relief in sight. She said it might be days before electricity is back on.
Stay safe and watch for the idiots!
hugs
Sissie
Is it even safe to have a big tank of gas like that (that's not meant to hold gas)?
Our power just came back on - it had been off since Friday at 9 pm. So thankful, as some aren't expected to have power until next weekend.
For goodness sake - that is awful - the people are already hurting and this nut has hurt them more. Why didn't the gas station guy come out and stop him. Hope he didn't get in an accident before he got home.
I hope you all recover soon.
sandie
Its like the gas stations should have made a limit on how many gallons one could buy or something to prevent hoarding. It does sound scary there, Angela. I hope things get restored soon so people feel less panicky! My sister is in the DC area, they were out of town during the storm, but they have heard their house is okay but power/water may be off for a few days......
stay safe; glad that you have power!
betty
WOW! I saw on the Weather Channel WVA & VA got hit hard but fighting over gas and being in line is crazy!!!...:)JP
I would think that tank isn't even safe to drive with!!
My parents are dealing with the same problem. They got a generator, but now they can't find gas for it!
So glad you could get your mom. I'm sure it's a relief to her.
I hope all the power gets restored soon!
Oh my goodness!
Prayers that this ends soon and life returns to normal!
People do PANIC, don't they??? Good Gosh...I fault that gas station for selling THAT much gas to one person... Shocking!
The real personality of a person comes out at times like this... Kinda sad, isn't it?
Hope the electricity comes back on soon.
Hugs,
Betsy
people are most definitely crazy and get much crazier when disasters happen, it is our world of ME ME ME first...
I am SHOCKED!!! I'm sending your post for my mom to read and see! How horrible and selfish for that man - but, he might live way out in the middle of nowhere, 8 hrs drive from the station - I should not judge....
Yes, people are going crazy. My son and I waited in line for probably half an hour to get gas on Saturday. He needed it! We were driving and I noticed his tank was on empty. We drove to the nearest gas station only to be told they were closed because they had no electricity. Well,it said we had 4 miles to empty. Our house was about six miles down the road. We made it and just happened to have some gas in our lawn mower gas can to put in his car. Around here everyone was filling up lots and lots of their gas cans in addition to their vehicles. I can't believe what that guy did.
Talk about a mobile bomb!
Anyhow, we still do not have power so I am not terribly pleasant right now...but I am pretty sure I would not fight someone over gas. Seems nuts!
In the 70's the gas shortage caused utter chaos! John Denver was hogging all the extra fuel for his Aspen home! Then they call themselves earth friendly folks! UGH! Be safe and have a wonderful week.
It's like a hurricane only with a hurricane we know enough to fill up with gas. You had no warning. Stress brings out the worst in people and everyone is stressed. I would think there would be a law against hauling gas in that plastic thing. Someone should have called the police. Talk about dangerous!
Post a Comment