Nail in Tire Monday

Monday we discovered a nail in the tire of our brand new truck. Because of where it was located we had to replace the tire. The dealership did not have the exact same tire that we had so they had to order it and put the spare on it. Unfortunately the spare is not the same size as the other tires but it drove alright. Tuesday I had to go back to the dealership to have the new tire put on. The ratchet thing got stuck on a lug nut and skinned up the rims! They apologized to me like crazy and had to order me a new rim. I didn't feel up to going back on Wednesday so I waited and went back to the dealership on Thursday.
Angela
12 comments:
at least they're taking care of it, but you've wasted a lot of your time.
Bummer.
What a bummer but glad to hear that they are fixing it. Hope this week goes a bit better for you.
That is nuts - but at least they did replace and handle everything. Must be frustrating! sandie
Such a nuisance! Grrrr!
not good when the nail goes in the side of the tire, glad they fixed it for you and phooey on the rim.. just one more aggravation. makes me wonder how a nail gets way up there in the first place.
Yipes.. What a hassle... I'm sorry you all have had to go through this. Glad they are fixing it for you at least.
Have a good week.
Hugs,
Betsy
That's a rather strange place for a nail to stick in?! I'm glad you got it all taken care of though. Safe driving, now!
Nails in the side suck...anywhere else and it would be an easy fix...figures!
Oh crap! I hate stuff like this, AAngela!...:)JP
Oh man. On my car that would have meant 4 new tires :/ What a hassle for you! I hope all is well by now.
Bummer. When those nails are close to the edge you have to get a new tire. I've had that happen too.
Post a Comment