Friday, October 15, 2010

Memory Lane Friday ~ Halloween



Two Bears Farm and the Three Cubs
is hosting Memory Lane Friday. A weekly blog carnival where you can blog about your past memories and link up. Some weeks have themes, some do not, but either way everyone is welcome! This week's topic is Halloween. After reading her post I decided to find the only Halloween picture that I have of myself when I was a kid and share it today. I think it's the only one of me in all those years. Film and developing must had been a lot back then. Just saying.....
The year was around 1972. Just take a look at that brown shag carpet! And the floor model big screen television complete with rabbit ears! It was a time when Tony the Tiger would be on tv saying "They're Gr-r-reat"! I LOVED Tony the Tiger! And I ate Frosted Flakes too! That's me in the Tony the Tiger costume and my cousin in the clown costume.

Angela

14 comments:

Unknown said...

G'eve Angela ~ Your picture is adorable ... love the memories.
Have a beautiful PS weekend ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

betty said...

too cute! I remember when shag carpets were "all that" LOL! what a cute meme to participate in! I was just thinking today about Halloween memories from when I trick or treated, to the kids, to these days, etc

have a great weekend :)

betty

Love Of Quilts said...

Great memories. God Bless Trish

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Thanks so much for joining in! What a great picture and the costume. Love the shag carpet. I had an apartment in college that had very similar carpet. Ick!

Janet, said...

Cute picture. I think the only picture I have of me at Halloween was when I was a teenager! I remember in 1972 we weren't as advanced as shag carpet, we still had linoleum in all the rooms.

Chatty Crone said...

That was soooooooooooo cute. You were a doll. I remember the shags too!

I don't remember any Halloween pictures of me.

Love,
sandie

kim said...

That is a cute photo. My mom used to make my costumes, ghost and witches and a pumpkin.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Oh, how cute you look in that Tiger suit!!! Don't worry about not having photos, Angela...memories are photographs taken by the mind...:)JP

Carol............. said...

Well, that picture brings back my own memories!

Sharon said...

Angela,

Your blog is so creative! I love it!

Sharon

Mountain Mama said...

Hi Angela and thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. It seems I'm back in the blog world once again. I have missed it!
Your Halloween picture is really cute. We didn't have costumes when I was a child but we made a face on a paper bag and cut out the eyes so we could see where we were going. They worked fine unless it was raining. LOL.

Jules said...

Very cute! I may have to join this one too!!

I already have my Tuesday post up and ready to link up with ya. You may wind up doing it for me again, lol!

Rose said...

it's great to go back in time and see old photos. you get to compare the looks then and now. thanks rose

ocmist said...

This place had a brown and orange shag carpet when we moved into it 20 years ago. I always loved Tony the Tiger, too, and your costume was really cute! The TV brings back memories, too! Thanks for sharing such a cute pic!