Welcome to Tuesdays' Show & Tail! I hope everyone will join me this week! Tuesdays' Show & Tail is about having fun, and giving us a chance to meet other pet owners in the blogging community. If you are visiting and would like to join in on the fun, please do so! Everyone is welcome. It is very easy to do. Take a look at my guidelines here.
I can imagine that this would have been a common sight many years ago!Chickens running free in front of this little old log house.
| 1. Kim 2. JP 3. Classy Chassy 4. Chatty Crone | 5. Aunt Snarky 6. Julie H 7. Barb @ Dogmom Diva | 8. Katie |
Angela


19 comments:
Hello Hope you are having a great day! You have the prettiest photos of old houses and I like the one going over the road.
This is a perfect picture for this time of year. Is the cabin on your place, Angela?
Angela ~ That is a sight we saw often long, long ago ... love it.
Have a BOO-TEA-FUL week ~
Hugs, Marydon
that is a perfect picture! is that on your farm?
No, the log cabin isn't on our farm. Wish it was though! I love seeing it though and seeing the chickens in front of it I had to stop and take a few pictures.
Angela
how quaint Angela! I read that it wasn't on your property, but how fun you at least got to see it and take pictures!!
betty
Angela, my house looks like that but it's a two story!!! There's nothing like old,crooked & filled with character!! Hey, that sounds like me!...:)JP
What a neat picture - you have the touch, girl! It would be fun to visit the owners that lived there long ago!
I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.
God Bless You :-)
~Ron
I bet that is how life used to be - I wouldn't mind it for awhile - but I like it the way it is now. lol
love,
sandie
What a cute little cabin! :-)
That old cabin looks like the cabin my ancestors lived in. I even have a pic of it somewhere. So quaint!!!
Many years ago!? HA...we have houses like that in my town today!!! LOL
And some of those houses look as run down (if not worse) than the one in your pics.
Very cute chickens though...
I love the photo! Chickens scare me yet lots of blog buddies love their chicks! Hee hee Anne
I am a new follower but I really do not know how i found you. I love the pictures of the cabin and I am fascinated with chickens ( even blogged about wanting Hubby to build me a chicken coup) would love to link up with you next Tuesday.
Shawn
www.coloradobeckers.blogspot.com
That's so cute! :D
~♥~ Katie ~♥~
I agree...that would have been a common sight many years ago!
It's a great picture! :)
This really reminds me of a little old log cabin that was in the back of our property up in the Mountains where we lived when I was born. It was in the back corner of the property in the big area where our chickens were. I think my dad had built it and lived in it (one room) when he first got the property while he started building the house that my Mom and he lived in when they got married. It was under a HUGE old apple tree.
Grandma didn't have a screen door and in the summer they left the doors open and, I guess, the chickens got in the house sometimes. At our family reunion this year one of my cousins was telling about the time they were visiting Grandma and she was in the house and a chicken tried to fly out and landed on her head and just about scared her to death. We all thought that was funny.
Post a Comment