This year I decided to try my hand at container gardening. I bought some long flower pots Made in the USA at WalMart and planted a few different things in them.
Lettuce. 
Spinach.
Basil, Sage and Oregano.
They are all looking pretty good so far. I've been putting some of the basil on my homemade pizza. It is sooooo good!
Angela
6 comments:
Angela I don't have a garden - none of ground is level and we have red clay and then there is no spot for it. I miss one though.
sandie
I think container gardening is the way to go especially if your soil is lousy. Easier to take care of, no weeding, easier to water, takes up less space etc.
Love herbs, don't you, to just to out and pick and add in dishes?
I bet that basil is good on your pizza Angela! I can imagine the oregano would be good in a spaghetti sauce! good for you for being adventurous and trying container gardening. we don't have a garden here (no room in back yard) but hubby was thinking of maybe getting a tomato plant or two, but not sure now since June is more than halfway over, LOL
enjoy the weekend!
betty
Why'd you plant spinach??? LOL
Lovely stuff you got growing there!
Katie :)
I planted lettuce in those long planters this year. We've been picking off of them already.
WHAT A GOOD IDEA. TRISH
Post a Comment