Sunday, January 31, 2010

Where's the Cake Monster?

Where's the Cake Monster? He didn't get this cake! Can you believe it! He usually strikes when no one is looking. Not this time. I know, you're thinking he doesn't like this cake. He loves this cake!





I really don't know what to name this cake. I guess this just about says it all! What would you name it? It's my husband's favorite.

French Vanilla Peach Coconut Butter Cream Cake

I use 1 box of French Vanilla Cake Mix that I make according to the package directions. Let cake cool after baking. I then put Peach Preserves in the middle of the cake. Then I frost with Butter Cream Frosting and add coconut that I toast in the oven.

Butter Cream Frosting

1 cup Crisco Shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 to 1/2 cup water
2 boxes Confectionery Sugar

This will make enough to decorate one cake with all of the pretty stuff on it or two cakes that are just plain and simple. For this cake I just cut the recipe in half. There's really no science to it! If it tastes good then that's all that matters!


Mix Crisco, salt, vanilla and 1/4 water with a little Confectionery Sugar, adding the Confectionery Sugar a little at a time until you get the desired consistency to decorate.

Enjoy!


Angela

4 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

hummm sounds good. May have to give it a try.
Molly

betty said...

where was that little cake monster?? was he not feeling good today??

cake looks delicious! I wouldn't have thought of putting peach preserves in the middle but I bet it does make the cake taste moist as you are eating it

I can see why this would be a favorite of your hubby's :)

enjoy :)

betty

Chatty Crone said...

Oh Angela - one of the only things I don't like is coconut! The cake looks terrific other wise - beautiful. Sandie

ocmist said...

OH, MY... THAT really sounds good! Especially the part with the fruit in it! Thanks for sharing!