It's Get R Done Friday! Please visit our host ClassyChassy at Expressly Corgi to see all of the others who are participating in this weekly event. You are welcome to join in if you have a project that you would like to share! Thanks ClassyChassy for hosting!For the past couple of years I have been making Homemade Cranberry Sauce for the Holidays. This year I discovered that you can actually can it in a water bath canner. I read about it on Chickens on the Road.
Canning your own homemade cranberry sauce is so easy I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I didn't use Suzanne's recipe. I had one that I have used so I used it. This is how I made mine:
2 cups of water
2 cups of sugar
1 juice of an orange
zest from the orange ~ I just chop off some of the orange peel and cut it into very small pieces.
6 cups of fresh cranberries ~ washed
Put in a large pan. I used my stockpot. Bring to a boil and add 6 cups of fresh cranberries. Continue to stir until it gets to the consistency that you would like. Use a ladle and fill your warm jelly jars. Put lids and rings on and process in a water bath canner for 10 minutes.
The picture above is what I got from the recipe above.
Happy New Year!!!!!
Angela


10 comments:
Wow! What a simple and easy recipe! I love homemade canned cranberries and had never thought to do this. What a "DUH" moment for me! LOL I think I will check and see if any of the local stores still have cranberries and give it a try! Thanks for posting!
I hope you and your family have a wonderful 2010!!!!
Angela, this sounds delish!
I made some this afternoon for tonight's supper. Orange jello using only 1 cup of hot water/can of whole cranberry sauce/ground up orange and apple...chill til set.
Having some in the pantry though, made your way, would be great to have on hand, and to give to others!
Happy New Year dear lady...hugs!
What a great recipe! And, I have never thought of making it to can, either! Super post - thanks so much for joining in today!
they look delicious Angela! never thought of canning your own cranberry sauce, and I love cranberry sauce, might have to keep this in mind for next holiday season :)
betty
That looks great!!
Think I'll stick with crafting though. =0))
Blessings
barbara jean
Sounds delicious!! Now you have some for later!
~Linnea
Hi Angela,Thank you so much for stopping by my blog...and this recipe sounds so easy and looks delish..
I am a little late on my comments - still running! When Andy goes back to school I will start my vacation!
That cranberry sauce looks delicious. You were working hard girlfriend.
Hope you are having a nice New Year's Day.
sandie
Wow! This DOES sound good and pretty easy, though I'm not sure what a water bath is. I have canned jellies, but I just put the hot jam/jelly into a heated jar, put on lids and rings and then it seals as it cools, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. I LOVE cranberry sauce though, and cranberries are so good for you, too. Adding the orange would make it even better, I think.
I'll also have to try Corgidogmama's recipe which sounds like a quicka and easy dessert!
Now that is a duh moment for me too. I never thought of cnning my own, but I'm going to do this. Thank you, angela!
Post a Comment