Thursday, October 15, 2009

Curtains ~ Get R Done Friday


It's Get R Done Friday! Please visit our gracious host, ClassyChassy, at Expressly Corgi to see all of the others who are participating in this weekly event! You are welcome to join in on the fun if you have a project you have been working on too!


Today I want to show you a picture of the curtains that I made for my Little Man's Room. Aren't they just the cutest! We went to WalMart and I let him pick out the material he wanted for his curtains. He picked out this manly looking material all by himself. I told him he could get anything he wanted too. I thought he would go for the Thomas the Train but, he picked out the one with deer, elk, coyotes, bears and mountains! He loves the mountains! He also loves all wildlife! To make the curtains was easy. I just cut them to length and width, hemmed them and used bias tape for the ties to hold them to the rod.
Now for the curtain rod I wanted to use a branch from a tree. We were fortunate to find these walking sticks already ready at the Christmas Tree Farm that we went to to pick out our tree last year. I also want to mention that the trim around my Little Man's windows was handcrafted my my Big Man in the house! lol


I had to show you this picture because my Little Man was trying to do some decorating of his own. Can you see what I'm talking about?






Yes! You were probably right! lol Can you imagine my surprise when I went into his room yesterday and seen this! I know I wasn't laughing too hard when I first saw this but, I'll have to admit that it is funny! Now it's time to head over to
ClassyChassy to visit all of the others. Who knows there might be something as funny as mine!

Angela

7 comments:

ClassyChassy said...

Why how creative your family is - they all were able to GET R DONE in fine style! That last picture is the best!!! Thanks for participating in GET R DONE FRIDAY!

betty said...

LOL with your little man! he must keep you hopping!

you did a great job with the curtains, Angela! Little man picked out a great pattern too! clever idea to use a walking stick for the curtain rod!

betty

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Hmmm...those things really DO stick well!

Love the rod, very clever!

cwa said...

Hello. You did a nice job on your curtains. I think it is wonderful that you let the little man pick the material for himself. Your curtain rod is terrific. I have always wanted to use a stick, but have never had the courage to do it. Thanks for inspiring me. Blessings to you.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh how come everyone is more talented than I am. Those curtains were so wonderful.

Like the 'stick up' addition - at least he was trying to help!

Love the 10W40 story too. . .

Gail said...

Hi Angela,

You did a great job on the curtains and your son just added the finishing touch...lol. To answer your question about my niece having children, she has two, a four year old and a ten month old. So far they haven't destroyed her living room. I too have a sectional and we love ours. Thanks for letting me know about twitter. I've deleted it from my blog.

Blessings,
Gail

Barbara Jean said...

Is that what i think it is?????
Too funny!!

Curtains are adorable. He did a great job picking fabric, and your did a great job putting them together.

Thanks for joining in on Get R Done. Hope we'll see you next week.

blessings

barbara jean

PS Thanks for coming by.